The first festival of the year is almost upon us and we can’t contain our excitement. To make us anticipate Lunar New Year even more, Disneyland Resort released their celebration menu today and we haven’t stopped drooling since!
Hosted in Disney California Adventure Park every year, the Lunar New Year festivities recognize a multitude of cultures that celebrate this colorful event. We’ll bring you along for the full experience, but for now: let’s focus on the food!
These cultures tend to center a lot of their joy around the creation and sharing of special dishes and this year will be no different.
Aside from Paradise Garden Grill and the Festival Cart, you’ll be able to taste your way around 4 booths. In no particular order, they are as follows:
“Lucky 8 Lantern”
Here you can expect to find delicious drinks and a savory selection of Asian cousine including:
• Crispy Shrimp Fried Rice with Garlic, Bacon and Edamame
• Stir-fried Vegetables & Pineapple with Soy Protein, Steamed Rice and Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles
• Mandarin Orange-Green Tea Tart
• Vietnamese Iced Coffee
“Prosperity Bao & Buns”
It’s recommended that you toast to a prosperous new year with tantalizing bao menu items, including:
• Char Siu Pork Bao, Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño
• Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun
• Mango-Pineapple Pastry
• Winter Plum Blossom Gin Mule
“Longevity Noodle Co.”
Here you can try a mouth-watering menu that features:
• Pan-fried Wheat Noodles with Chicken Meatballs, Cabbage Salad with Apple-Ginger Sauce
• Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame-Garlic Noodles with Cilantro-Cashew Sauce and Toasted Peanuts
• Egg Tart
• Orchid Spritz
“Red Dragon Spice Traders”
You can tease your taste buds with these offerings:
• Firecracker Three Cup Chicken with Steamed Rice
• Steamed Short Rib Shumai with Spicy Korean Sauce, Sriacha-Mayonnaise and Cucumber Salad
• Purple Yam Macaron with Crème Fraiche
• Raspberry Lychee Chia Tea
Honestly, we hope to visit as many times as necessary to try everything—it all sounds so good! Thankfully, there is a Sip and Savor Pass available for purchase. The pass is $39, including tax, which gets you 6 tickets to be redeemed for food and non-alcoholic beverages. In addition to a discounted price, Annual Passholders will also be given a special Passholder lanyard along with buttons at participating marketplaces upon coupon redemption.
This events runs from January 25 through February 17, 2019 and really sets the tone for all the festivals to follow. We look forward to giving in to our inner-foodie and taking in all there is to offer.