This year, Disney California Adventure is celebrating the Year of the Mouse with a few weeks of multicultural entertainment, performances, activities, stunning décor, delicious eats, commemorative merchandise and so much more. The event runs January 17 through February 9, 2020 and it’s admittedly one of our favorite festivals of the entire year!
Take a peek at what’s in store this very special Lunar New Year Celebration:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Celebration” – This whimsical parade led is by Mulan (and Mushu). It honors Lunar New Year and dedicates the new year’s blessings to family and friendship. The performers bring dance, martial arts, and drumming to accompany the beautifully colorful procession, which happens several times a day.
- “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” – A magical Nighttime water-show addition prior to “World of Color,” that tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune.
- Character Encounters – Find Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse sporting their newest festive Lunar New Year attire this year as they greet guests at Paradise Gardens. You might also see Mulan, Pluto, and the Three Little Pigs out and about…
- Asian Bites– Yes, the food! Expect to enjoy four festive marketplaces overflowing with flavor. There will be delightful food and beverages inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, including Longevity Noodle Co., Lucky 8 Lantern, Prosperity Bao & Buns and Red Dragon Spice Traders. If you’re looking to taste your way through the marketplaces, the popular Sip and Savor pass will be returning for purchase. Here’s a look at last year’s menu.
- Entertainment – Live performances by authentic Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese dancers and musicians will take place throughout Paradise Gardens Park, daily
- Crafts and Activities – Bring the family to enjoy complimentary arts and crafts, including dragon’s pearl coloring craft and Chinese calligraphy with local artisans (a favorite of ours). Plus, new face painting opportunities have been added to the celebration!
- Lucky Wishing Wall – We usually make this one of our first stops of the festival. After strolling beneath strings of ornamental lanterns in Paradise Gardens, write down your wishes and tie them to the wall in hopes for a prosperous future for you and your loved ones.
- Merchandise – Expect to find all-new spirit jerseys, fun bobble-head figures with Chip and Dale, a traditional red envelope set, themed Minnie Mouse ear headbands and more.
Stay tuned for menus and updates on the first festival of the new year. Will you be spending this special season at the Disneyland Resort?